Thursday, June 14, 2012

My favourite things!

Finally! Took me a very long time to think about blogging something like this.
Because it takes a lot of effort. I admire those beauty bloggers/ reviewers who take time to review on different products.

Why?
1) It is costly. Imagine they have hauls every month.
2) It is extensive. You have to elaborate on how it works bla bla bla if you want people to follow up on your blog because it is informative!

I actually had a beauty blog but it took me a century to update. Because it is A LOT as in really A LOT of work. You guys read then kk-bye. But for the blogger, you have to swatch, you have to take loads of pics, edit... and not to mention I have to keep a very 'professional' facade of myself.

Those who know me personally, you guys know how full I am of myself right? HAHAHAHA.
Well I can't if I am blogging like a pro. I have to be humble and educate others lah.

But beauty has always been a passion, and I can't help but to pour it out here! I feel very excited sharing every nugget of wisdom that I have :)

Eh this is really from the heart of purity and love but not of egotism ok! Serious one!



1) The Naked Palette




After months and months of contemplation and evaluation, I finally decided to grab hold of this. Every time I enter Sephora, this thing always goes out of stock :/. It is also highly recommended by many beauty gurus and so far I've never heard anything bad about this gem :) The best thing is, I am loving this thing into bits :)

Yes, it does burn a hole in my wallet. HAHA. Suddenly all my coins started to fall out from my wallet (Just literally).

But actually, it is a steal - despite of the flattering price tag (RM179.90). It has 12 shades, and a primer which I was always DYING to try cos I've heard loads of good stuff about it! And it is really really good :)

Urban Decay is one of the popular high end cosmetic brands out there. One solo eye shadow (I am referring to the ones in the naked palette) is around rm60-70, for ONE shadow. (Of cos it is heavier and more product). For MAC, which I have 2 mono shadows that are around rm60 per shade. And I have been using it constantly (before purchasing the naked, around 2 yrs), barely a dent is found on the product. Which means... it takes you forever to use all of them. Despite having lesser product, but I am pretty sure the naked will last me for 10 years. This time I am not joking. Haha!

The quality goes a LONG way. It is so pigmented, but shows far better with a primer underneath. UD primer works wonders :)

The look is more flawless and less chalky. Smooth texture, even application... it is worth the price. And I am talking about 12 shades in one palette, where one mono shade costs rm60!

It is so versatile, you can create SOOO many looks with it! A casual, smoky, flirty, sleepy or any other looks you want! Earthy shades are very easy to work with and suit every skin tone :)

Thus, it is worth the investment :) Though I hope my mom will forget about the price tag when I use this palette in my room... Uh oh...

2) Revlon ColourStay Foundation


From Drop Box


This is my favourite drugstore foundation! This product really lived up to its claim - long lasting (16 hours)! Also, I did a lot of research and many beauty gurus raved about this one! It is round rm50+ if not mistaken. But bought it during sales so it was slightly cheaper.

It really lasts all day! No smearing or smudging everywhere and this thing really stays! I am pretty amazed by its longevity. It has a full coverage, so a little goes a long way. Low SPF, great for flash photography. Cover pores pretty well too.

But for those who prefer sheer coverage, this might not work for you. Because it is quite pigmented and a decent amount stays on your face the entire day. Thus, be aware to spread it evenly on your face and too much will cake your face.

Overall, it is not heavy for me and I have been loving this. Plus it has a lot of product ... probably gonna last you for another good 10 years. Depending on how often you use it.

One complain about this is the scent (but I am used to it). Also it doesn't have a pump... you have the pour the contents out. It is hard to control the amount you want to use and... it is unsanitary.

P/S: Please please don't keep foundation for too long, even though you have a lot of product. It is different from eye shadows (actually 10 years is exaggerating). A lot of bacteria will breed and the product will harden, thus it is not sanitary to apply it all over your face! Best is to throw it out after 2 years. Eye shadows last much longer :)


Ok! I guess this ramble is long enough for guys to fall asleep and for girls to stop reading. (Unless you are like me). Hopefully you guys find these basic reviews helpful if you are hunting for a basic makeup set!


Quick tip:
Every make up has 3 basic components: Face, eyes, and lips.
For starters:
-Eyeliner, duo eye shadows
-Foundation
-Lipgloss

For a super basic look. More on this in the next few posts... if I remember. Haha!

No comments: