Friday, June 22, 2012

Love?

This struck me for a bit when I was having a conversation with a friend.
Have you wondered what love is truly about?

Lets get the boy-girl relationship issue out of our minds first.
What is love about?

To put it simply, let's talk about loving one another. As friends and family members.
Ok la, if 'Love' seems to be a very BIG BIG word, lets see it as care and kindness then.
But of course, no matter how cheesy it sounds... all these caring and kind attitude comes from love la. Haha. I think it is a big word too!

Sometimes we expect too much from this word L-O-V-E.
We expect something good to come when we love someone.
We want a return - who wants an unrequited love anyway?

Is love perfect?
Is love something that can save everything? From wars and fights?

The thing here is - there is nothing wrong about love.
Love is faithful, true and pure.

The thing is about us humans. We expect too much from it.
Always remember, in the end we are all humans... and we all sinners.
Even the greatest people you can think of, they have their moments when they screw up, when they fall and they are not at their best.
Simply because we are all humans.

To love someone is to love them beyond their strength, it is more than that actually.
If we only love that person because of how good he/she is.... then we are going to get very disappointed!
If we love this person cos he/she understands me, treats me well, handsome/ pretty.. guess what?
You will regret being close to that person.
I am saying this cos I've been through it.


And yes, I am human :)


But to love someone, is to accept their flaws.
Which I think it is the most difficult part! Haha.
To accept and see past their flaws... it is not easy.
But it could be done if you understand and know that they are humans. And everyone falls.

Not to be preachy preachy here (I know I had been in my past few posts)
That is why having God in our lives is so important... because His strength is perfect in our weakness.
When we know that we are weak - we acknowledge his strength. And His love will flow through us like a vessel!

When you know how great He is, you will know how small you are :)
Not to say that God don't want us to value ourselves, that we have such small worth. No, it is never that.
That is because God is so great - that's why we need to rely on Him!
Not because He made us weak :)

Lord I thank you.
By blogging out what I thought... I realized you are so great!
Thank you for loving me despite of how terrible I am.
Thank you for accepting my flaws and my weaknesses, and pulling me through no matter what I do.

Thank you!

So love someone today, and see beyond what is good in them :)

No comments: