Thursday, September 29, 2011

Unbelievable.

This is the first time blogging in uni, using their pc.
Lol I feel like I am committing a crime right now, cos everyone seems to be studying ...
And ... they actually block other 'entertainment' pages. I can log into facebook but I cannot play sims social :(
And I cannot use the 'God wants you to know' app. :(


But ... I just realized that the other e-lab allows it!!
Wohoo. My friend was searching for into the other day ... and I was happily playing Sims social.
I am the naughtiest amongst my friends. Hahaha!
I very lazy one. I am always doing something that I am not supposed to do :)

I guess I am gonna blog now because I am lazy to do it at home.

As all of you have already known - I've passed my theory ABRSM Grade 8 theory!

O.O

I didn't write what theory I was taking on my status because I don't want to flaunt my music ability. I very humble one ok!

And not a lot of people know my blog exists!

Cos a girl actually asked me what theory exam I was taking. Haha!

Anyway, this achievement that I have is something that I've never experienced before.

In the past, even though I've great results I've expected it to happen.

And after my downfall in college ... I've never expected success on my part. Because I have too many disappointments. Again and again ... even in uni.

When I was working on this, I had only 6 months to prepare. And I've forgotten EVERYTHING.

Like everything. I didn't touch the piano for 2 years. That amount of time is enough to make your skills rusty O.O

I failed the first time. At that time I had more time, I had done more exercises.

But this time I didn't spend a lot of time, even my teacher don't have the time to review my questions ==.

I remembered the last night when I was so unprepared ... I was praying and praying.. I asked God I wanted to pass ... but in my heart I was certain that it was impossible.

I wanted to convince myself, I even asked people for encouragement... but I still had doubts at that time.

I only did 4 past year papers. Which was very few as compared to other people.

People usually work on at least 6 -7 papers to pass. And you have to practice and practice and practice ...

My faith level on this was very low since the beginning. I only had 6 months! And I have to work, I have uni and everything ... I really had no time.

I have to stay back after class to make sure I finish one part of the test paper ... even one section took me hours to finish. 3 hours for the test was not enough! Even during the exam ... I didn't have enough time :(

I still remembered during exam day, I was so reluctant to sit for the exam. Because I was certain I would fail.

I was praying ... but I still didn't believe.

When I was working on the questions ... my goodness ... I took so long to do one section and I didn't have enough time!

I was super panic.

Plus, there was this part (composing section) I used the wrong key!!

I was deciding between E flat and E major. I can still recall how indecisive I was. It was so scary.

When I exited the exam hall ... I prayed in my heart I was determined. I told God, don't make me pass. Because I don't deserve it ... I didn't put effort, I didn't understood what I was doing.
I told God I was willing to resit. Even though I have to take classes again ...

I referred to my teacher about the key thing. She said I used the wrong key.

At that time, I thought it was a confirmation from God. That I will fail ...

Wrong key at that part, the whole thing 0. It was that serious!

After that day, I didn't even pray for my results. I was certain that I will get very terrible marks. Like 40 or something.


Then yesterday my aunt texted (which is my teacher) me...

She said ...

You passed theory with 73 marks.

I was like ... ??????

I thought I was dreaming or what, I cannot believe what I saw.

It was so surreal.

Unfortunately no tears came out for added dramatic effect, because I was too shocked!

I can't believe I scored higher than my first trial, which was 62 I think? The passing mark is 66.
I had more time that time compared to now ... I was better at everything during that time!

And I didn't barely passed, I passed my 7 marks!

Omg how to terpesong and score so high? Tell me how?

Like one section 0. Omg ... I don't know what to say hahaha!

It was just unbelievable. It was dawning on me, and I don't even know how to sink it in.

Only God can make this possible. Cos I don't think with my own logic all this thing can happen :)

The entire process was really rocky, I didn't had faith in myself, but God had faith in me.

God always had faith in me.

Thank you so much ... I don't know what I do to deserve this ... (Omg feel like to cry now).

That's how much God loves me. I always doubted Him, but he never doubted me ...

Look, faith is beyond reason. It is beyond logic ... And the hardest thing to do at times is having faith.

The moment of waiting, the moment of anxiety... The devil will always try to pull us down. Will always give us negativity ... will always think we cannot do it.

I am speaking this out of personal experience. I am still not very good at having faith ... because I am still a work in progress. We all are.

Thus I hope anyone who comes across this, remember to have faith! Not only in God, but also in yourself. Believe and trust ... ultimately in Him! And He will give you rest.

This post is not to boast about how good I am. And 73 isn't a very high score anyway.

But is to testify that impossible things could be made possible!

I had gone through so much, I bet none of you had any idea how negative I was. I didn't believe in anything.

And of course, how can I do it without God!!

May God be the glory - God bless!!

No comments: