Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Be inspired.

Just gonna post a very short post today before the muse runs out.

I went to a field trip today at IJN (Institute Jantung Negara).
Unlike most field trips, this time I had the chance to be 'special' and explore the unknown world ...

Okay, enough of aggregating.
I had the opportunity to access 'staff only' facilities, like wards, and of course the kitchen!
Before I head to that part, me and my classmates were briefed about various career prospects in the field of dietetics.
The chief of the department shared about her experiences. And told us how she got involved in different fields, etc etc.

One day, she was tested on a teaching degree in MAHSA university.
In order to pass, she had to fulfill a lot of criteria .. and it was pretty easy to fail at that time.
It seemed that MAHSA had the 'best' attitude students. Lol.

So then, she had to spur the student (As part of the requirement).
She instructed the nursing students to stand to their feet. Touch their eyebrows, ears, their hands...
Are there 5 fingers on each hand? 5 toes on each leg?
Is your heart pumping?

And of course you would be wondering, why are you asking me to do this?
It was exactly what the students questioned.

And she said,
You should thank your mum.
Thank your mum for not smoking. Thank your mum for not drinking.
Almost a quarter of newborns in the world are suffering from birth defects..
Today, I am going to teach you about healthy pregnancy. (Or something like that cannot remember but it was about pregnancy)

You may not be able to feel the dynamic of these words...
But I was so in awe about those words she said.
Really touching.

She was more than just a dietitian.
With her talent, she would have done something else and earn the big bucks.

She said,
'If I were asked to change my job for 5 million, I will not do it. Because being a dietitian is my life, and I love doing what I do.'

I was so amazed.
Thank you Lord for this field trip.
I am so inspired by her, I hope I can work there in the future. lol :)





No comments: